Your personal crystal ball
In our view, Predictive Analytics is a subset of Data Mining. We use the term predictive analytics to describe any statistical or modeling technique which helps provide a predictive look into the future. Microsoft's data mining tools can provide predictive analysis, but also could be used for descriptive (or historical) analysis too.
How Mariner helps
Get started with Mariner’s predictive analytics assessment, which includes:
- Interviews with your business leaders and analysts to catalog and create a problem definition
- Data analysis to identify quality problems, discover first insights and form hypotheses from those initial observations
- Identify data preparation steps, including data quality and cleansing required prior to modeling
- Explain which of SQL Server data mining algorithms are appropriate for the problem
- Recommend options for incorporating the model into the business process.
Data mining results are only of value if the models are incorporated into daily behavior. The assessment recommends the best approaches to:
- Incorporating the forecasting ability into routine operations
- Applying monitoring processes and metrics to measure data mining effectiveness
- Creating and maintaining ‘playbooks’ to respond to forecasted outcomes
- Maintaining, deploying and training of data models Playbook compliance reporting
- Mariner’s Agile approach to analytics processes that allows you to experiment with data mining without having to invest in expensive tools - this will rapidly evaluate how much your organization can benefit from statistical data mining