We are flexible
Our Flexible Engagement Model defines how we work together with our clients. Our goal is to make it easy for you to work with us. The models, described below, are designed to provide you flexibility over the costs and risks associated with doing project work.
Fixed Price Engagement
Mariner provides a set price and timeline for completion of a well defined, specific project or milestones within a project. We assume the risk and responsibility to deliver on time and within budget. Well suited for:
- Projects where the scope and specifications for the projects are reasonably clear
- Engagement where the scope and design of the work is subject to minimal change
- Technology modernization engagements (upgrades, migrations etc.)
- Engagements where existing business processes are being automated
Time & Materials Engagement
Mariner provides clients with highly-skilled and experienced people who can add significant value quickly on a time & materials basis. The project cost is based upon project execution time and resources deployed. Well suited for:
- Engagements that are complex and prone to design changes
- Engagements which require allocating a defined number of hours, which may not necessarily be continuous
- Engagement which require ongoing work, but don't have a clearly defined deliverable
- Unknown number of iterations are needed
Sometimes it is best to go with a hybrid approach. Some portions of the project can be done in a fixed price manner while others can be time & materials.